• in business transformation, strategic business repositioning goes hand in hand with a transition to new technological paradigms;
• digital transformation is not solely a technological issue, but goes to impact business model renewal;
• digital transformation is linked to two other equally important directions of change: revolution in business models and sustainable transition (ecological and social). To separate these streams by considering them different and parallel paths is erroneous and misleading;
• among the fundamental components of contemporary business change we find purpose transformation, which profoundly affect business goals and values;
• new business goals are intertwined with new values and meanings. We move from "profiting from problems" to "generating prosperity by eliminating problems”;
• the more innovative enterprises are, the less they transform as a reaction to major shocks, and vice versa. The less innovative enterprises are, the more haphazardly they transform as a reaction to uncertainty.
In the era of transformative innovation, business model rethinkings, digital transformation and transition to sustainable models represent a single trajectory of momentous change, not three different directions.
In fact, digital transformation is not conceivable without in-depth rethinking of core-business and a rigorous plan for continuing education and reskilling.